Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What it's all about

Washington DC is a political hot bed of politicians, congressmen, and senators. In spite of all that, there are tons of cultural and creative out post here. Washington DC is about as multi-cultural as one city can be, but within the DC art scene that always isn’t the case. There are tons of artist that don’t get enough shine, due to racial, cultural, and linguistic barriers.

I plan to show you, dear reader, all those avant grade, amazing artist you have been overlooking, and believe me there a lot of them. I’ll also tell you about events, openings, and other things to keep you in the know.

Consider this blog to be like that “up and coming” neighborhood in DC, a place not yet sprinkled with Starbucks and Gap subsidiaries, a place where true urban culture is still appreciated.

Parallel Visions is where you will be able to read about people and places that aren’t on everyone’s radar, yet.

As I am sure you’ve guessed, I am only one person so if you hear of an event or an artist that you think I should write about, please shoot me an email: Candace@urbancodemag.com

No comments: